Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alone At Sea

I stay afloat, in strokes of heavy arms
As I swim towards you
I am scared for I am alone at sea
Doing what you’ve asked me to
My parched lips disguised by words
You need at this time
Familiarity adapts well in ocean
That is no longer mine
Surrounded by fierce waters
My weary body you cannot see
I look for the day I feel safe
To rest in your destiny
And I tear in treacherous waters
As salt burns in my eyes
I look around to see a face
That I so recognize
Its reflection forming waves
Wrinkling chance with age
Echoes of others dormant my body
Filling in waters of rage
And I wake up my mind of hope
Floating in reality
That I am the only one who realizes
How true love should be



Racquel, Founder
Artist's Square
~A Place Where Artists Go~

No comments:

Post a Comment