Happy Mother's Day!

Strength and love in the middle of tragic
Finding us a resting place, you were magic
That's what I thought when I was a little girl
As you placed us in this great big world
From what I can recall, it was no other
Filling our tummies, you and grandmother
I remember the times you must have worried so
Could you make it or have to let us go?
Still you kept fighting for we were all yours
No matter the pain or hardships endured
We didn't have much as other small ones
Yet you've faced tornados and battled the sun
Held us tight at your very last breath
For us you would have signed a soon day of death
And now I understand what sacrifice means
Raising us instead of chasing your dreams
So, are there things still to be learned?
Yes --- Happy Mother's Day
These words have been earned


Racquel, Founder Artist's Square
www.artists-square.com
~A Place Where Artists Go~

Comments