Friday, September 24, 2010

Fighting You

You've brought me to feel again at the wrong time
My life has been scrambled and the fault is mine
And there no more chances to mess it more
I am fighting my heart to close your door
And I have a feeling inside I will win
To shut out places you have opened within
For success and love battle - one will lose
And right now I am forced to choose
For what you offer is free indeed
But I hold burdens that will make you bleed
Tainted and broken, I have nothing left
Except my one heart and only breath
My goals to make more in life than my name
And make up the years I have put to shame
In my youth as I was searching for love
Burnt to ashes towards the heavens above
Now I only see my road I have pieced together
No one holds me-but me, in stormy weather
And my resistance has held times so tough
To refuse a risk of love now is a must
As this tear I will lock deeply in a safe
To open for you when I am content in my space

Racquel, Founder
Artist's Square
www.artists-square.com

~A Place Where Artists Go~

No comments:

Post a Comment