Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Christmas Wish (from one who hurts)


My Christmas wish is for you to put the bottle down
Look at my tired face and take away my frown
I spend almost every night watching you drink
I anticpate 12 days of Christmas are about to sink
So if I don't seem so happy this time of the year
Cannot speak of peace on Earth nor holiday cheer
My reality rings bells in me that will not go away
To winter's cold in passing, they are here to stay
They hold melodies of songs that will not celebrate
Words of great jolly with your vice on a plate
The wreath at my door does not pose stupendous
It's symbolic to my hope that now seems so endless
The mistletoe's hold your kisses only to confirm
Not only do lights blink inside, they can also burn
And no matter how many presents lay under the tree
It does not hold the greatest one that matters to me
And to me that one wish will be right where you lay
Next to damaged wrappers & bows after Christmas Day



Racquel, Founder
Artist's Square
www.artists-square.com

~A Place Where Artists Go~

No comments:

Post a Comment