Friday, April 22, 2011

To Stay & Fight

They say the eyes don't lie
As they have many times
I believed what you didn't say
When they stared into mine
Wholeheartedly I opened
My heart to believe
If I got to know you
You'd love what you see
Instead you walked away
Scared of what you'd find
Dealing thoughts of rejection
Trapped in your own mind
While one foot stands on my demon
I am forced to fight within
I tip my sword to his throat
For you to enter in
As I stand in exhaustion
Taking quick deep breaths
Another comes towards me
To take what I have left
His name is Mockery and Shame
Waiting to take me down
I promise to stay and fight
And know you'll never be around
And though these battles only harden
My hopes of what may be
Do not think for one single moment
I will stop loving me
For I can see your own demons
Have already put you to shame
I call it defeat
Some call it the love game
So whatever makes you feel better
To build your world of content
I will double my sharpened knives
In wasted time I have spent
To prepare myself for my life
And go for everything I want
As images of my face and smile
In your mind I will haunt



Racquel, Founder
Artist's Square
www.artists-square.com
~A Place Where Artists Go~

1 comment:

  1. nice one.quite touching.i believing in staying and fighting for what you believe in than having to run away.

    some real life scenarios to think about,INSPIRING!! is the word.

    keep up the nice work.

    D-IV

    ReplyDelete